This fellowship is intended to recognize individuals who exemplify dedication and commitment to Lionism.
In 1990, the Birch-Sturm Fellowship was created by the Wisconsin Lions Foundation to honor those individuals who exemplify undying dedication and commitment to Lionism. The Fellowship is named after Wisconsin’s only International Presidents, Frank V. Birch and Clarence L. Sturm who were great supporters of the Foundation.
Frank V. Birch
• 1924 Joined the Milwaukee Central Lions Club
• 1929-30 District Governor
• 1931 Elected to International Board of Directors
• 1934 Elected Third Vice President
• 1937-38 President of Lions International
Clarence L. Sturm
• 1929 Joined Manawa Lions Club
• 1941-42 District Governor
• 1948 Elected to International Board of Directors
• 1956 Elected Third Vice President
• 1959-60 President of Lions International
In 2012, the Foundation recognized the need to create a seperate organization known as the Birch-Sturm Memorial Fund, Inc. to administer the Birch-Sturm Fellowships.
The Birch-Sturm Fellowship is a way for districts, clubs, or individuals to honor a person who displays dedication and commitment to Lionism. In order to become a Birch-Sturm Fellow, a district, club, or individual must donate $1,000 to the Birch-Sturm Fund. The $1,000 may be made in one payment or in installments. If you have any questions, please call the Foundation Office, toll-free at 877-463-6953.
The Birch-Sturm Fellow will receive:
• A lapel pin
• A plaque
• A patch
• Name inscribed on the Master Plaque, honoring all recipients, located at the Wisconsin Lions Foundation Office.
Once a recipient has received the initial award, Multi-level Fellowships are available in $1,000 increments, up to a $5,000 maximum. For each additional $1,000, a recipient will receive a diamond added to their lapel pin and a star added to their name on the Birch-Sturm Master Plaque.Birch Sturm Order Form
If you have any questions about the Birch-Sturm Fellowship, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Wisconsin Lions Foundation at 715-677-4969.